Wednesday 6 November 2013

I WON!

A couple of weeks ago I was shortlisted to the final three to take part a styling competition at GAP Manchester during Vogue's Fashion Night Out 2013 ( which was held in Manchester this year).

On Thursday 10th Oct I was asked to go to the Manchester GAP store at 3pm and was given 3 hours to choose my looks for a male and female model , from GAP's new range 'Back to Blue'. It was amazing being given the whole store to pick both clothes and accessories and to play around with different looks I may use later on ...  I wanted both my models to share the same style within their looks , I wanted to show texture through the knit wear , colour through accessories and a structured style through the outerwear ie. their coats.

At 5pm we were given our male and female model and we had a hour to dress them before they became live mannequins in store! It was a really fun but stressful hour because I had to run around getting size changes and adding finishing touches. By 6pm our models were all placed in store and the public , friends , family would come into store and vote via twitted their favourite 'look' ... this is my final look .. two weeks later I got the amazing news that I had the most votes and had won!!!!!!!!!
This was an amazing experience to interact with some brilliant people in both industry and just sharing ideas with the public







No comments:

Post a Comment