Monday 26 November 2012

Istanbul

In November 2012 myself and a range of about 40 fashion students from my University went on a study trip to Istanbul turkey.
The purpose of the trip was to visit various manufacturing companies which produced garments for the likes of M&S and Miss Selfridge.. we visited embroidery , screen printing , spinning and woven factories. All of which were so interesting to see (for example) the production of a dress from the very beginning to end! 

Not only was the trip purely about visiting the factories but we also were given time to explore the culture of Istanbul  I was hugely surprised at the contrast of the city ... we visited high end shopping malls with the likes of D&G , Marc Jacobs etc and a short drive away would be the amazing little markets and then the brilliant Grand Bazaar!

Grand Bazaar was my FAVORUITE place in the whole on Istanbul .. I loved haggling my way with the market stall owners .. getting my fake Mulberry bag for about £25 in the end ( from a previous £90 he was suggesting)! It was full of beautiful lanterns and jewellery (see pics below).

During 'eed' (when everything was closed) we visited Taxim Square which is like a british high street but we soon returned back to the Grand Bazaar which was closed by nearby we found a small fabrics and carpet market - this was great , I got some brilliant pictures of colour inspiration!

We also stumbled upon the famous mosques of Istanbul which were really striking and had an amazing feel about them .

Hope you enjoy a few of my photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment